Monday, August 8, 2022

One True Thing

 

One True ThingOne True Thing by Anna Quindlen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

There is no denying that Anna Quindlen is a fabulous author. Her ability to turn a phrase just amazes and pleases me. Her great ability was painful in this book as she has the reader live through the slow and painful process of dying. If you have ever watched a loved one die of cancer, you will recognize every painful step that the narrator, the patient’s daughter describes. Why am I going through this? You ask. But then you get to the end of the book and realize that this is a story of much, much more than dying. The ending is worth every painful word you endured. Wow! I don’t want to give it away, in case you want to read it, but it has an, shall we say, unexpected ending. A very memorable and though-provoking book.

View all my reviews

No comments: