Monday, August 8, 2022

A Girl from Yamhill

 

A Girl from YamhillA Girl from Yamhill by Beverly Cleary
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

For years, when asked my favorite book, I would say, “Ramona Quimby, Age 8.” I was kind of kidding and kind of not. I love Beverly Cleary and how she captures everyday life of a child, of a family. I just love living in her books.
The Girl from Yamhill is Beverly Cleary’s autobiography from birth until the day she goes to college. I loved every word of this book. Oh, to write an autobiography that is so interesting, so well written. It reads like a great novel. I was absolutely fascinated with her childhood and her ability to remember details from every year. I know it sounds cliché’, but I literally didn’t want to read because that would make it end. I never wanted it to end. I was so happy and even relieved when I finished this book and then found out that there is a second book that picks up where this left off. It is called My Own Two Feet. I can’t wait to read it. 5+ stars from me.



View all my reviews

No comments: