Sunday, August 14, 2022

Kristen and Kids Come For a Summer Visit

 Kristen drove with all of her children and three kids' friends from Colorado and put her two oldest kids, along with friends, in a For the Strength of Youth program at BYU for the week of July 18th (She has a huge Ford Transit.)  The plan was for her to then drive to our house to spend the week with us with her four youngest children.  But, I tested positive for COVID.  Ahhhh!

It seems like COVID continues to rule!
So, plans were altered.   They stayed in Salt Lake at Michelle's for a couple of extra days, then came down to St. George on Wednesday.  I stayed isolated while they were here, so only caught glimpses of the kids during their visit.  After the kids were in bed each evening, we put on masks and Kristen visited with us in the living room.
Ken and I made a chicken dinner for them on Wednesday.  It cooked all day so boiled away all the Covid virus, if there was any.  It was pure.

Kristen, Jake and Audrey went to Tuachan to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."  Ken and I had tickets as well, but, because of my illness were able to reschedule our tickets for August.  We had hired a babysitter for Lisi and Sammy but canceled that and Ken tended the littles while they went.  They loved it.  It was a special treat for Audrey and Jake.
On Thursday, Ken went with them to Sand Hollow Aquatics Center.  They had so much fun.  Kristen's kids are all swimmers!


Sammy




Jake

Lisi


Audrey







When they got home, Ken barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs.  They had corn, cantaloupe, and watermelon, too.  I had mine in my bedroom.  That was the best hamburger.









Knowing it would be hot, I ordered a diamond dot painting kit before they came, so we would have something fun to do together inside.  I had visions of painting with my grandkids.  Instead, Audrey did it alone because I couldn't get near them.  Oh well, maybe next time.

We have the best dress up box downstairs.  These are pretty great ensembles, kids.


We were grateful that no one got COVID from me and that the Mackrorys came in spite of it.  They left Friday because they had to pick up the teenagers early on Saturday morning.  Thanks for coming, Mackrorys!  We love you!

No comments: