Sunday, August 7, 2022

Hinton Reunion- Saturday

 We started the day on Saturday with the Hinton family pictures.  Which one is best?

















Next was the Service Scavenger Hunt organized by Brian and Gabbi.  Four teams were formed.  Each team was given a list of service opportunities and points earned for each.  When time was up a couple of hours later, the team with the most points would win!


Brian and Gabbi instructing us on the Service Scavenger Hunt.

Taking out the garbage earned you points. 

Every member of the family wrote a letter to another member of the family.  You also could write to veterans, first responders, and military personel through Just Serve.
Indexing earned you lots of points

Tickling Grandpa's head and . . .

Rubbing Grandma's feet earned you points.  








Grandpa was the official score keeper.





Playing with a younger child also earned points.
You also earned a point for every toy you picked up and cleaned up.
A point was earned for every piece of garbage picked up in the area.  WOW!  There was a lot of garbage picked up!
Hearting someone's room or luggage earned points.  Our luggage and room were done by several teams.

The most exciting service was putting together refugee kits as instructed on Just Serve.  We all chipped in to make these kits.  It felt so good to be doing something for refugees.



Tallying up the score was a big job!  The results:  In true Hinton style, Grandpa declared a four-way tie!  Everyone was a winner!



In the afternoon, we did a cellophane ball that I had prepared with lots of trinkets, treats, money (including some old coins that my dad had saved), and fun stuff.
















This is William doing his celebration dance.  He got the grand prize in the center of the ball- a bag with $10 in it.  He was so cute dancing for joy in the middle of the circle.



But everyone got fun prizes and candy.

I was so impressed with everyone's generosity and caring.  From our recent trip to Europe, I included several Eiffel Tower keychains.  They became the most coveted items.  After it was all over, seeing how much she wanted one, I gave one to Gabbi that I had saved back.  She asked if I had another one because Jake really wanted one.  I didn't.  I didn't see her, but I was told that she took the one I gave her and gave it Jake.  Nathan did get one.  When he saw what Gabbi did, he gave Gabbi his.  I think Nathan gave pretty much all of his stuff away.  Later, I quietly gave him a package of starbursts I had in my purse.  What great grandkids!  I was so proud of them!  Most were just thrilled and gracious about what they got.  I should mention that all of the adults gave their stuff away, too.  

The front porch swing was a most popular place to hang out with cousins and usually Grandpa.
I just love this picture.




After the cellophane ball, some went fishing, some took naps (me!) and some did crafting projects.

Diamond dot painting was SO fun.  All but maybe the very littlest could do it and succeed at it.  I loved it!



We won't mention who, but there was a chip sneak in our midst!


The fishermen had success!













A delicious taco dinner made by Blake and Shonna!






Otter pops eaten outside, of course.
Jaron, Caleb, and Jake.  How I love these boys in blue!
The evening was the most special of all.  All who wanted to, bore testimony of a time when they knew Jesus knew them and cared for them.  I didn't get pictures of everyone.
Nathan

Jake

I love this picture of me with my special grandson, Gabe.

Kristen


How I love, love, love these people and this picture of them.  After the testimony meeting, it was suggested we take a picture with the refugee bags.  Everyone is in it but Lisi, who had already gone to bed.

Did I mention I love these people?  It was a wonderful, perfect reunion.  



No comments: