Monday, January 10, 2022

These Precious Days

 

These Precious Days: EssaysThese Precious Days: Essays by Ann Patchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Could I have really read my favorite non-fiction book of the year in the first weeks of January? Each year, I choose my favorite non-fiction and fiction books of the year and write about it on my blog. I have a hard time believing I will like one better than this for this year’s pick. I loved this book! It is a collection of essays written by the author, Ann Patchett. Right from the prologue, I was completely immersed and engaged. There wasn’t a single essay which didn’t resonate with me. Ann Patchett is a wonderful writer. Though I don’t agree with everything she said, I love how she said it and that she has the courage and conviction and self-trust to say it. I listened to the audio version which is read by the author. I loved that. But I also would love a copy of this book. Like right now, I could thumb through and enjoy the essays again and pick out my favorites. There is so much I would underline and contemplate. This book touched me deep in my soul. 5 plus stars from me for this stellar book.

View all my reviews

No comments: