Monday, January 24, 2022

Living Out Loud

 

Living Out LoudLiving Out Loud by Anna Quindlen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Before being a novelist, Anna Quindlen wrote a column for the New York Times. This book is a collection of some of those columns. Similar to Ann Patchett’s “These Precious Days,” this style of writing really resonates with me. I think that is because it is the kind of writing I like to do- short essays on a subject. It’s what I do on my blog. Though Ms (and she would like this title) Quindlen is far more liberal than I am, I enjoyed reading her views on different subjects. I mostly appreciated how well written they were. She wrote the column when she was a young mother in her thirties. They reflect her views on subjects young mothers in the 1980s were interested in: babies, child-raising, influence of grandparents, working mothers, feminism, birth control, abortion, etc. It was an enjoyable read. 3 1/2 stars from me.

View all my reviews

No comments: