Saturday, January 15, 2022

A Quiet Christmas

 We got home from our travels at a little before 6:00pm on Christmas eve.  We hurried to the grocery store to get some milk before they closed at 6.  Our plan was to go home, order, then pick up Chinese food for dinner.  Evidently, it was everyone's plan. I called in the order, then we unpacked at home until time to pick it up- almost two hours later! We enjoyed a nice, late dinner.



 We then watched the Pentatonix Christmas special on BYUTV.





Wow!  That was a good show!  They are so very talented!
We then went to bed early.  We were exhausted.

We really enjoyed our quiet Christmas day.  We got videos, pictures, calls, and texts from our children throughout the day, so we felt that we were with them.  We exchanged gifts and opened lovely gifts from Pam and Roger (most of which got put away before I got pictures) and from our kids.

Ken surprised me with these lovely gold earrings.

Ken got a much-needed new electric shaver.

We enjoyed chocolate bomb hot chocolate from Michelle and Brian
Ken's new Cougar hat

Kristen sent books- my favorite vegetable.  I love the author, Cynthia Kadohata, and she found three used books of hers and sent them.  I am so excited to read them.

Our cute little neighbor, Claire, brought over this pop-up card she had made.

A delicious-smelling candle from Pam and a trivet crocheted by Roger's mom.  

Note from Roger.
Yea!  The next book in the Detective Agency series.  Thank you Pam!  Life is good when you have books waiting to be read!

Don and Ada gave us this delightful solar hummingbird mobile.  It absorbs light during the day and glows beautifully in the dark.  Such a perfect gift for a bird lover!

I never get clothes for Christmas, but this year, our daughters got together and each sent me a shirt.  I was so happy.  I love them.

Michelle sent us home with some coconut curry soup.  Lorene (Ken's sister) gave us a cheeseball and crackers, so we had a nice lunch, even though I hadn't been grocery shopping for weeks!

For dinner, we cooked a ham, baked potatoes, green bean casserole, Martinelli's (a gift from a friend), and I made rolls.  I also made pecan pie. 


                         It was a delicious Christmas feast.

It was a perfect, quiet Christmas.  Merry Christmas to all!










2 comments:

Michelle said...

That solar hummingbird mobile is SO pretty!😍 The pop-up card from Claire is adorable. Which house does she live in?
I’m glad that you like the shirts!😘

Kristen Mackrory said...

What a beautiful Christmas. I loved being able to see glimpses into your day.