Friday, January 14, 2022

Cruising

Once a month, on the second Friday,  I post a "Fun For Me" post.  Some are things that are fun for me, some are things that are fun for Ken, and some are fun for both of us.  This one definitely falls into the last category.  We both love cruising.  We have been on many cruises.  We have been on about 25 cruises, as best as we can recall.


We have cruised to most of the countries in the Caribbean , some many times, California Baja several times, Mexican Riviera many times, Alaska twice, New England/ Canada, Panama Canal, and Transatlantic to Europe.  

I think my favorites were the New England/ Canada, and the transatlantic to Europe.  I prefer cooler destinations. Ken loved them all, but maybe Alaska was his favorite.
We have cruised with my siblings and parents, our daughters, and later with each daughter and their husband, Ken's siblings and mother, Don and Ada (Ken's brother) several times, and Ken's business partners.   I think about half of our cruises have been alone- with just each other.
Our first cruise was on a Princess love boat with my siblings and parents in 1994.  We loved it and have cruised ever since.
We have cruised on Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Celebrity, and our favorite, Princess Cruise lines.  We are elite members with Princess cruises.  You achieve this by going on 16 cruises with them.  We will go on our 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th cruise with them in the next few months, if COVID allows. We would have already done that, but cruises were canceled because of COVID in 2020 and 2021. We had several scheduled that were canceled.  And this year's may be as well.  But, for now, they are booked.
Cruising is definitely fun for us!  It is probably our favorite way to vacation.

*I wrote this and scheduled to post actually while we were on a cruise.  But, no.  That cruise got canceled.  Sad.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Cruising really is the best. I love that picture of you two!💕