Tuesday, January 25, 2022

How I Know Ken Loves Me

 How do I know Ken loves me?  I have noticed he shows me in some very specific ways:

1.  He will take a selfie of us whenever I ask, and he never, ever complains.  I love pictures.  He developed great skills at taking selfies of us when we were in Japan.  I ask him frequently when we are traveling.  He always is willing.

2. Shrimp.  Whenever he orders shrimp, he shares one with me.  Sometimes there are only three shrimp, as they are a garnish, but, knowing I love shrimp, he always gives me one.  Unless, of course, I have ordered the same thing.

3. He drops what he is doing and comes running.  He is always willing to interrupt what he is doing and come running when I call him to come help with something or listen to something I have written or whatever.  One exception:  The other night, we were preparing for bed.  He was in the bedroom saying his prayers and I went into the kitchen to get a drink. I misjudged the distance to the counter and the glass full of milk crashed on the floor.  Glass and milk went everywhere, creating a barrier between me and the bedroom.  I was barefoot.  I hadn't turned on the dining room light, so I couldn't even see where the glass was.  I was stuck.  I couldn't move, because I couldn't get across the mess to go and get my shoes.  I started cleaning it up and called for help.  Ken finished his prayer first.  I kept calling.  He finally came.  I guess he puts Heavenly Father before me!  That's good.  But then he cleaned up the mess.
4.  Whenever I need something from the storage room downstairs, he jumps to go get it for me.  He has yet to ever complain.  He just goes.

5.  Last, and best of all the game:  Occasionally when I am sitting in my computer chair blogging or doing family history or whatever, he comes up behind me and rubs my shoulders and back.  I can't even tell you how good that feels.  Love in action, I tell ya!!

These are some ways I have noticed that Ken shows me he loves me.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww! Daddy is the best! This is so sweet.

Kristen Mackrory said...

What a healthy, uplifting exercise! I love that you did this. Thank you for sharing insights into the beauty of your relationship.