Sunday, November 13, 2022

Lost Earring

 Last Christmas, Ken surprised me by buying me some beautiful gold earrings.  I love them.  On the day we went to Stowe, I wore them.  We visited a lot of different places that day.  That evening, we had reservations for dinner at the Von Trapp Family Lodge Restaurant.  As we were waiting to be seated, I suddenly thought about earrings. (I now know it was a prompting by the spirit)  I reached up and felt my ears and discovered that one of my lovely earrings was missing!  I started feeling around in my clothes and looked on the floor.  No earring.  I told Ken and he also searched.  We were both very worried.  As soon as we were seated at our table, Ken said he was going to retrace our steps.  We had just been in the basement of the lodge at their gift shop.  He said he was headed down there. I couldn't persuade him to order first.  He felt he had to go now. He went down and almost immediately found the earring on the floor just in front of the entrance to the gift shop.  

I don't think Heavenly Father really cares about earrings, but he knew I did and prompted me to discover one was missing, then prompted Ken to go right to where it was.  This was such a sweet and spiritual experience for us.
This picture was taken outside the Lodge just before we went inside and headed down to the gift shop.  You can see I have both earrings on in this picture.

This picture was taken just after we went to the gift shop and came upstairs to the atrium.  You can see I only have one earring on in this picture.


The lost is found.  Ken took my picture just after bringing me my lost earring.
We then got down to the business of ordering our delicious Weiner Schnitzel dinner.  We knew we had experienced a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father.

No comments: