Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Backstage in My Nightgown

Do you ever have a nightmare where you are in public naked or in your underwear?  I understand that is one of three nightmares common to almost everyone.  Well, now I have lived the nightmare.

 One night on the cruise, we were ready to go to bed.  But there was loud music.  It was so loud that we couldn't sleep.  I wasn't sure what it was or where it was coming from, so I went out of our room to investigate.  I expected to find that it was coming from a nearby cabin.  My plan was to knock on the door and politely ask them to turn down the volume on their t.v.  

Across from our room was a door marked SERVICE AREA. As I walked up the hall, I realized that the loud music was coming from behind that door.



During the day, this was a busy place for the workers.  We could see them in there folding towels, preparing cleaning carts and room service carts.  It was just across the hall from our room.  But evidently it had a different purpose in the night!
I slowly opened the door and was shocked at what I saw!  I was now backstage of a performing stage!  In my nightgown!  I could see people dancing and singing out on the stage.  And closer to me were five people in full costume and fully made up, standing in a circle excitedly chatting and evidently waiting their turn to go on stage.  When I opened the door, they all looked up at me and I at them.  We stared at each other in shock for a few seconds, then one of the men said, "Can we help you?"  I still was too shocked to talk, but after a few seconds, I said, "It is really loud." Profound, absolutely profound!   He then explained that it was a "party" and would go on for another hour or so.  Okay.  I closed the door and went back to our room.  Luckily, I had remembered to take my key with me.  So that's my story about the time I lived my nightmare.


No comments: