Saturday, February 26, 2022

"The Things of My Soul" Zoom Meeting

After reading Elder Rasband's October, 2021 general conference talk, "The Things of My Soul," I invited my family to do a Zoom meeting and share their 8th, 9th, and 10th things of their soul, as Elder Rasband suggested.  We met with our daughters one recent morning and had a wonderful discussion.  


Elder Rasband explained what he meant by "things of my soul:"  Nephi wrote, “And upon these I write the things of my soul.”2
Nephi’s words raise the questions “What things do you ponder?” “What things really matter to you?” “What are the things of your soul?”
May I share with you some of the things of my soul? These things apply to all who seek to be true disciples of Jesus Christ. Ten would be a good, round number. Today I am giving you seven with the hope that you will complete eight, nine, and ten from your own experiences:" 
Elder Rasband then suggested the first seven things of my soul:
1. Love God the Father, and Jesus Christ, our Savior.
2. Love thy neighbor
3. Love yourself
4. Keep the commandments
5. Always be worthy to attend the temple
6. Be joyful and cheerful
7. Follow God's living prophet

We discussed each of these seven, then each of us shared a number 8, 9, and 10 as Elder Rasband suggested we do in his talk. With their permission, I will share each of our lists:
Ken
8  My testimony
9. Gratitude
10. Going to the temple
Shonna
8. Live in gratitude daily- see the Lord's hand in my life
9. Keep a personal history- Instagram
10. Attend the temple frequently
Michelle
8. Studying and working on how to best care for my family
9. Choosing how to best spend my time
10. How to connect with others
Kristen
8. Connection with heaven- personal revelation
9. Gratitude
10. Openness and humility- seek for peace in my heart and soul
Kay
8. Teaching- it is high priority to me
9. Gratitude
10. Personal revelation- learning to hear the Holy Ghost


 It was such a sweet meeting.  We kept it to under an hour, but it was so sweet to connect in this way and to have a peek into their souls.  I sure love my family and learn so much from them.

1 comment:

Shonna said...

I loved doing this together!