Thursday, February 17, 2022

The Micromanager of Bananas


As we all know, bananas have a very short "perfect" window.   It takes managing them.   For many years, I have been the banana manager at our house.  But in the last couple of years, Ken has taken over the role.  He actually micromanages the bananas.  It is over the top.  He did such a good job, that we got to the point that I didn't have any in the freezer to make our favorite banana bars with browned butter frosting.  "You are managing the bananas way to closely," I complained.  So, then I found him adding bananas to a ziplock freezer bag, purposely letting them get overripe.  But then he didn't want me to make any other dessert.  "We need to use those frozen bananas," he said.  Oh my goodness.  For almost 40 years, I've done just fine managing the bananas.  Getting used to a new micromanager is taking patience!

2 comments:

Shonna said...

Lol!!! So did you make the banana bars?

Kay Hinton said...

Yes. But I wasn't happy about it.