Monday, February 14, 2022

So We Meet Again

 

So We Meet AgainSo We Meet Again by Suzanne Park
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

A cute, fun, easy to read book. I liked that it presented struggles with which we can all relate- especially young, single adults. This is an immersion in the Korean American culture in Nashville, Tennessee. It is a cute blend of new ways crashing with old ways, creating conflict, but also creating a delightful blend. You are left with a good feel for what it would be like to be a Korean American young woman trying to establish a business in her hometown. I would rate it 3, but the language brings it down a full star. Why do otherwise good modern fiction books have to contain such awful language?

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Shonna said...

Language bothers me too.