Saturday, June 29, 2024

Celebrating My Birthday and Father's Day

 On Sunday, June 16th, we celebrated my birthday and Father's Day.  It was a fun day.

Ken bought little bundt cakes and we split them half and half:  Chocolate/ Chocolate chip and white chocolate/ Raspberry.  They were both delicious.  Ken grilled hamburgers with all the trimmings and we had lots of fruit.

Michelle and Brian gave me a heat resistant table runner.
Michelle and Brian sent this huge box for Ken.  It had us wondering.



It was a stand-up weed remover.


Kristen researched and chose four books for me.  I am so excited!

Shonna's gift was too fragile to mail, so I still have that to look forward to.

Ken gave me a bunch of these, my favorite candy bar and some dresses and books.  I gave him milkweed seeds to plant and attract Monarch butterflies and a new biking shirt from his recent Ohio bike trip.

So it was kind of like Christmas as we opened gifts and cards and had phone calls from our family.  Maybe getting a year older isn't so bad?

No comments: