Thursday, November 16, 2023

Lessons in Chemistry

 

Lessons in ChemistryLessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Garmus
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As I look through the reviews of this book, it seems you either love it or you hate it. Proving my theory wrong, I find myself kind of in the middle. I sincerely hope that women weren’t treated this way in the early 1960s. It’s disgusting. Elizabeth is fighting a battle she just can’t win. Men rule her world. The pendulum has swung maybe a bit too far the other way now, but I am so glad that women’s minds and contributions are honored and appreciated now. I see that just released is a TV series based on this book on Apple TV. I can see why it was chosen: the characters are interesting, the story engaging, and the premise is really creative. I enjoyed reading this book. Warning: There is a rape scene. Skip it. You will be able to smell it coming. There is some language. Hard to skip that.

View all my reviews

No comments: