Sunday, November 26, 2023

Form Phobia

 What are you afraid of?  Do you have a phobia?  I am bravely going to admit mine:  It's filling out forms. I HATE filling out forms.  And they are everywhere!  You have to fill one out when you go to the Doctor, get a vaccination, apply for a job, renew your driver's license, sign up for an app. or TV platform, get called to jury duty, etc. I can't even tell you how many things I haven't done or haven't purchased because I was not willing to fill out the form.  Following is an example of one I refused to fill out.  I can't even remember what website I was trying to go to, but I said no way.  


But now I will tell you a secret I have discovered:  It's called the NEXT button.  Preparing for a recent visit to my doctor, they sent me seven pages of forms to fill out.  They are the same seven pages I fill out every time.   I always feel so frustrated because their form doesn't allow you to tell the whole story.  Also, it asks very personal questions.  I'm not sure I want those answers out in cyberspace.  I have dutifully done it in the past, but then the doctor comes in and asks me the same questions. I don't think anyone ever looks at these forms!  So, here's the secret:  I found that if you fill out just one or two lines on the page, you can push the NEXT button at the bottom of the page and it takes you to the next page.  It's a miracle!  It thinks you have filled out the whole page!  You have to fill out a little bit on the page or it doesn't work.  I got through those seven pages so fast by pushing that magic button.  And no one ever said a word about it. Well, I guess they did.  When I checked in at the front desk, the receptionist said, "I see you filled out the forms online.  Thank you. You can have a seat."  I just smiled.   It is such a great secret.  I share it with you with great love. You're welcome.

No comments: