Saturday, November 25, 2023

An Island at War

 

An Island at WarAn Island at War by Deborah Carr
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I said I didn’t want to ever read another book with the word “Hitler” in it. I can’t stand the inhumane cruelty. But I’m glad I listened to this one. It had some cruelty, but didn’t cross the line. It is about the German occupation on a channel Island during WWII. It is somewhat similar to “The Guernsey Literature and Potato Peel Society.” I loved the characters. They taught me of resilience and resourcefulness. I appreciated their compassion and willingness to share and to put others before their own safety. The writing was superb. We listened to the audio version while on a road trip. 5 stars from us!

View all my reviews

1 comment:

Shonna said...

This sounds good. I'm looking it up right now.