Saturday, August 5, 2023

Five- Year- Old Scripture Study


 

When we were staying with the Prince boys, William found me in a chair and asked me to come play.  I said I needed to finish my scripture study first and then I would.  He disappeared, only to come back with a bible.  He knelt down in front of me and started reading.  William is only five, but is an excellent reader.  He loves to read the scriptures.  Often, when they are leaving the house he will ask his mom if he can borrow her scriptures.  He will then read the whole time they are gone on their errands.

He read and read.  I finished and went in the other room.  I kind of forgot about him.  A good time later he came out and told me he had injuries.  Sure enough, he had knelt so long that his knees were red and rug-burned!  He had been reading that whole time.  He then proceeded to tell us what he read:

A Dad asked his boys to do something.  One of them said yes, but he didn't do it.  The other one said no, but he did it.  We asked him which was better and he said the one who did it.

We couldn't believe his comprehension, persistence, and love for the scriptures!  What a kid.

No comments: