Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Jelly Belly Saga

 I wanted to give our grandchildren a treat after the lesson I taught on etiquette and  manners at our family reunion.  I found these cute bags of jelly bellies on Amazon. I thought they were perfect because they said "thank you" on them. The description said there were 30 bags in the case.  They were a little less than a dollar a bag.  So I ordered a case.  When it came, there were just six packages of jelly bellies instead of the promised 30.  I got on a chat with an Amazon representative and explained the problem.  She said she could refund my money and I could keep the candy.  Then I would be able to order it again.  So, that's what we did.

I ordered another case, only to have the same problem:  I only got 6 bags instead of the promised 30.  I got on a chat with a representative again and reexplained the problem.  She offered me the same thing: "I can refund your money and you can keep the candy."  I answered, "No, I want to get the full case.  Can you get them to send the full amount?"  After a LONG wait, she got back on and said that wasn't possible, then asked again if she could refund the money.  I said no again.  She said she would transfer me to her supervisor.  After a LONG wait the supervisor came on and we had the same conversation.  She said she would check.  After a LONG wait she asked if she could refund my money and I could keep the candy.  Okay, okay.

So, I immediately ordered two cases.  The next day, I got two packages of 6 bags.  I got on and requested a refund, which was immediately granted.

I just found it so interesting that they really didn't want to solve the problem, they just wanted to refund the money.  


The package clearly states that I should get 30.
So, I got all of that candy for free!  It was a bit of a hassle, but you can't argue with free!

No comments: