Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Lord is Mindful of Ahmed

Ahmed was a young man at the conference with whom Ken interacted.  He wrote about it in his journal:

"I loved watching the saints happily greet, hug, and fellowship each other before and after the conference.  I happened to notice one young man sitting a little in front of us that seemed alone.  As I watched him before the meeting, I received the impression that I should introduce myself to him and welcome him.  Although I had no idea who he was, I followed the prompting.  After introducing myself to him, I welcomed him there and told him I was glad he had come.  Shortly thereafter, the meeting started.  At first I felt good that I had obediently followed the impression; however, periodically through the meeting I was told I had not done enough.  I needed to visit with him, get to know him and chat further with him.  Thus, after the closing prayer, I made a beeline to him and we had a great little visit.  I learned his name was Ahmed.  He was from Copenhagen, but had been living in London for some time.  This was his second time coming to our church, and he was sitting with his friend and his friend's girlfriend.  This friend had introduced him to the gospel.  I got to meet these two friends and I enjoyed a nice visit with Ahmed.  I then understood why the spirit had been prodding me to visit with him.  I hope and pray our little chats helped him to feel God's love."

No comments: