Wednesday, July 6, 2022

It Feels Good to Be Here

 


On Sunday, May 8th, we attended stake conference in the historic Hyde Park chapel.  It was their stake conference.  As the meeting started, more and more people came.  We were sitting on folding chairs in the cultural hall.  They set up more chairs, squeezing them in wherever they could find a spot.  They put a chair by me and a young man came and sat there.
After the meeting, I asked him where he was from.  He said he was CK from India.  He said this was only the third time he had come to church.  The other two times his friend had brought him.  "But she was sick today, so I came alone."  I said, "Wow, CK that takes a lot of courage to come alone."  His reply, given with a huge smile- "It feels good to be here."
That is a reply I will long remember.  It does feel good to be at church.

No comments: