Sunday, July 24, 2022

Epilogue to our Wonderful Trip

Whew!  That is a lot of posts!  If you have read them all, then thank you for your interest.  It means a lot.

 As we reflect on our wonderful trip, we have so many emotions. Traveling is wonderful, but it is also difficult. Now that we have been home for a while, the difficulties and challenges fade and the joys become more prominent.  Blogging about our experiences has brought back some of the hard things, but mostly has given me great joy as I remember our wonderful experiences.

As I reflect, my overall feeling is one of gratitude.  I truly felt my Heavenly Father was mindful of my worries, concerns, and needs and helped me in ways only He and I knew I needed.  I want to express that here.  It was a sweet and humbling experience for me.  That feeling lingers with me as I feel the love of God in my life.  We faced difficult challenges as soon as we got home: Ken got COVID, my tooth broke, I got a UTI, etc.  Those feelings of love sustained me through the hard times.

One of the ways we were greatly blessed is in the weather.  In the entire six weeks, we saw very little rain. We had rain a few, insignificant times:  Ken was in rain when he went back out to bird in Falmouth.  It came at the end of the day on the Orkney Islands- Ada and I were actually getting back on the ship after our tour when it started to rain, and it rained for a short time in Paris.  But in Paris it rained only while we were on the tour bus, and then, only for a short time.  That is remarkable.  Really and truly remarkable.  We had beautiful and for the most part, comfortable weather.

Another great blessing we enjoyed was our health.  We each had ambulatory issues, but not nearly as bad as they could have been.  We otherwise stayed healthy throughout.  We most feared getting COVID while traveling.  The Lord blessed us to not face that until we got home.

It was a wonderful six weeks.  We made memories for a lifetime.


No comments: