Wednesday, May 11, 2011

STOP BUYING FRITOS . . .AND TAPE!!!

Back when Michelle was in high school, I liked to time my trips to the grocery store so that she would be home when I got home with the groceries. She was always so good to run out and help me bring the groceries in and then put them all away. At that time, I stored potato chips and snacks in a low, deep cupboard. I couldn't see in there very well, so wasn't ever sure what was in there. One day, when she was putting away groceries (this story has become a family legend now) for me, she pulled out a bag of Fritos, put her hands on the sides of her head and screamed, "STOP BUYING FRITOS!" with a look of horror/utter frustration on her face. I guess that underneath cabinet had several bags of Fritos, and, not being able to see, I just kept buying them . . .because it's never good to be out of Fritos. Anyway, we've laughed at that intense reaction and quote "Stop buying Fritos!" with a look absolute horror on our faces to tease Michelle.
Recently, Kristen was here visiting. She helped me clean out lots of drawers, shelves and cabinets. We had another "Stop buying Fritos!" moment when she was cleaning out my wrapping supplies shelves. Everywhere she looked she found more Scotch tape and after finding the 45th . . or so . . . roll she screamed, "STOP BUYING TAPE!" So now we have another one to add to our family legend book!
By the way, if you ever need Fritos or tape, you know where to come! Or I was just thinking, if FritoLay or Scotch need someone to do a commercial for them . . .

5 comments:

Joan Morris said...

Funny story. I just wish you lived closer to me so I could borrow that stuff. I was out of Fritos the other day :)

Pal & Hatty said...

Cute story and well written! Family legends are fun and they seem to get better with time!

Shonna said...

LOL! Love it!

Kristen Mackrory said...

You're right. You can't go without Fritos or tape. Lucky for you, tape doesn't go bad!

Michelle said...

Ha ha! You'll have to volunteer to provide tape for the Secret Santa wrapping parties for the next 27 years! You are such a good writer!