Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom' Favorites

My sister, Pam was recently looking through old stuff and found my Beehive Girls Handbook. She gave it to me. Most of what is in there is embarrassing as it reveals my immaturity as a 12/13 year old, but there was one page I found very interesting. As a Beehive girl, I was to interview my mother and record some of her favorites at the time. So here are my mother's favorite things back in about 1968. I figure this picture of us was taken about then.
My Mother's favorite:
Color is . . . pink.
Song or composer . . . Pacinni (Puccini)
Food is . . . whole wheat toast, pineapple
Flavoring is . . . vanilla
Sport is . . . tennis
Performer is . . . Katherine Hepburn
Kind of entertainment . . .an opera
Book or author . . . Henry Longfellow
Flower is . . . the rose (pink)
Hobby is . . . Playing the piano
Style of furniture . . .French Provincial
Outfit in her wardrobe . . Moo Moo
What is something she wants? . . . a mink stole
What is the household chore she dislikes most? . . . washing
What is something I do which irritates her? . . . stall while practicing the piano.
It's so fun to find a glimpse into my mother from so many years ago. Happy Mother's Day!

8 comments:

buddy said...

Happy mother's day!
Loved the post.
Love you....I'm showing it after John gets home today.
Cindy

Joan Morris said...

No wonder I like French provincial furniture and tennis. That was so fun to read her favorites on Mother's Day. I find myself often wishing she and Dad were still around.I have so many questions to ask that I wish I had asked when they were here. Thanks so much for sharing and Happy Mother's Day!!

Shonna said...

That's such a great post! Happy Mother's Day Mom!!!

Pal & Hatty said...

Thanks Kay - that is a great post! I miss Mom and Dad too! We are so very fortunate to have them as our parents!

sara cardon said...

So fun! I love that her favorite outfit was a moo moo and they she didn't like when you stalled practicing the piano.:) Happy Mother's Day!

Jessica said...

So fun to read about grandmas and her favorites! Hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

That is so cute!!! Great tribute to a wonderful mother and grandmother!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh, I love it! I will print it off and share it with the kids. They LOVED all of the stories I told about her tonight. Especially the one about her escaping from the locked porch as a 3 year old and wandering all over town with her stroller. I loved that she says that she still has that adventure/explorer in her up till the end of her life.