Monday, May 9, 2011

Hawaii-Our last day on Maui- Snorkel Day!!

Monday was our last day. We designated it our snorkel day and set out after breakfast to Honolua Bay. You get there by a beautiful walk through the jungle.
Honolua Bay is all volcanic rock. There is no sandy beach, so it's extremely difficult to get in. Ken was very patient and helped me down into the water. It took forever. I won't ever go again, but I was sure glad I went this time. It was SO, SO fun. This is how the whole shore is: Rocky!!! We rented an underwater camera and I had a BLAST taking pictures as we snorkeled. I loved it. You think this is a lot of pictures. I had to be very selective, as we took over 200. My self portrait:
See the eel! They are so fast, I felt so excited that I got a picture:
Hi Guy! He swam right for me:
Big blue fish:
Here's that big blue fish again. He's my favorite species:
Turtle:
These little Puffer fish are very shy.
In the afternoon, we headed to Black Rock to snorkel. I love Black Rock because you always see turtles there. But, alas, we never made it. It was thundering and lightening and the rain cut loose and it just poured. We got soaked literally to the skin. It actually was kind of fun!
We ended the day with one more of those delicious Shaved Ice. We decided this Hula Cookies Shop made the best ones. Goodbye, Hawaii!

5 comments:

Shonna said...

Loved your Hawaii trip-you got some great pictures! THose sunset pics are gorgeous.

Joan Morris said...

What a fun trip! I feel like I just snorkeled seeing all those great pictures. Hawaii is my favorite destination so now I feel like I've been there :) Thanks for sharing.

Ami said...

I love seeing all of your adventures in Hawaii. We're going next month. Reading your post got me excited. Aloha!!

Kristen Mackrory said...

I really like the big blue fish too! :) That is a great underwater camera! Wow. That eel picture is so cool too!

Michelle said...

You got some amazing shots of those fish! What a wonderful trip. I'm so glad that you guys got some well-deserved vacation time together!