Monday, April 26, 2010

Two More For "The Book"

You may remember a post I did last year about funny things we've had happen to us as our Keynote group has sung at rest homes. We added two more incidents for the "book we need to write" today as we performed at a rest home. We do little narrations between our songs. One lady couldn't hear us, I guess because she screamed out "Louder!" and "We can't hear you!" as Kim and I did our narrations. Then she got downright nasty while Sue (who, by the way, has one of the loudest, best speaking voices in our group) was saying hers. This lady screams out, "I guess you don't know how to talk!"
Then, as we were starting our last song- our grand finale- we had another funny one. Cindy starts the song with a beautiful solo, "A sound of hope, a sound of peace . . ." Just then, right outside the window, the lawn care guy starts up his weed whacker. We all (except professional Cindy) cracked up. The timing was just too good.

6 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

You totally need to write a book!! I am laughing!

Joan Morris said...

Cute stories and you all look so nice :)

Shonna said...

LOL! That's hilarious!

Jessica said...

I am dying laughing! LOL!

Natalie Sue said...

That is so funny!

Kristen Mackrory said...

Great stories! Thanks for sharing the humor. It makes me wonder what I will be like when I am old...hmmm. What will I say? Maybe I shouldn't think about it. :)