Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Idol 9- Again

Overall, I didn't enjoy the show as much as last week. It must be Elvis week or something . . .or maybe it's Adam Lambert. Anyway, choosing first place for the night is easy, easy, easy. Hands down: Lee. He took on men's theme song and sounded great. I loved the acoustic guitar blended with the electrics in the background. Only criticism- he needs to show more range. It was was a little safe.
Second place: Now it gets harder. But I think I have to say Tim was second best. He kind of reminded me of that dreadlock guy of a couple of years ago- Jason, was it? He just sang . .. and sounded good. I wished he would sustain some of the notes in the verse part, but I liked his version so much better than Elvis'.
Third, Fourth and Fifth: Michael, Katie, and Crystal. All three have great voices. Loved Michael's song and emotion, Didn't love Katie's song (liked her better last week), but she sang well and certainly showed versatility, and Crystal did well, though she did go a little flat toward the end- haven't heard that before.
Sixth: Aaron: I especially liked the 2nd half. You know, he kind of looks like that Schuster guy on Glee.
Seventh: Siobhan and Casey tie, I guess. Didn't love either one tonight.
Ninth, and going home: Andrew. Too bad; he has a good voice. I'm not sure who the other one to go will be. This is a weird year.

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

It IS a wierd year! I totally agree. I'm not enjoying it as much because there isn't anyone that I LOVE and looking forward to hearing every week. I want to find someone like that but haven't. I think you did a great job of summing up the show!

Joan Morris said...

Totally agree that Lee was the best, but I'm not a big Tim fan. I hate how he never sustains his notes. He's totally smart though with his song choice He's singing to all those "tweens" out there. I agree it will be Andrew and maybe Aaron going home.

triciathomas said...

Is idol trying to sink the show??? Adam did not even win???? Why is he there????? I have yet to really LOVE anyone! I just need someone to get attached to! I was so shocked by big Mike almost going home, WHAT? I like Lee but that guy needs to get a personality if he wants to win!

Jessica said...

Agree on the weird year! No one really stands out this year and everyone is kind of blah. Also agree that Lee and Tim did the best last night. I don't know why they picked Elvis, his songs are so hard to make current. I think Andrew and Aaron will go home.