Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Idol 6

I'm shakin in my cowboy boots, cuz I have no idea what I'm going to say. I thought, overall, it was a good show tonight. I don't know much about Shania Twain, but I can see she's a good songwriter. I guess I'll just go with my gut:

1: Casey. I hate to say "I told you so." No, actually, I like saying it. I've said all along this is Casey's genre. I really think he won the night. He is right: he hasn't really sung before tonight- well, except that one time. This is his genre. He exposed his heart, and took the night.

2: Aaron. The most-improved award goes to Aaron, and catapults him to 2nd place on my list. I think the judges, and probably everyone thought for sure he would be the next to exit, and he may be, but he showed his stuff tonight. I really wish he could be on this show in a year or two. He has a voice, it's just not fully cooked yet.

3. Michael. I didn't know this song, but I thought he sang so well, so from the heart.

4. Lee. He had some pitch problems and weird phrasing. He did get better as he went along. You've got to give him a little break. It's hard to go first.

5. Crystal. She didn't sing a solo, she did a band number. It was cute and fun, but not her best ever performance.

6. Way below the others in my mind was Siobhan. It was a mess. I don't have DVR, so I can't check, but I feel sure she was off on that last screamy note/phrase. She changed the key, I think. The guitarist covered for her by scatting (do guitars scat?), so no one heard. She owes him big time. I wish I could hear it again, but I certainly am NOT paying Itunes for that mess just to check.

I think the bottom three will be Siobhan, Michael and Aaron.

You're on your own next week. I won't be here to review. I know, break your heart!

PS I just have to say that the real winner tonight was Kurt Hummel singing "A House is Not a Home" on Glee. Wow!

5 comments:

martha meyers said...

I look forward to your reviews of Idol. My family loves the show and we watch every week. I quite often agree with your reviews, but I don't have the singing background/knowledge that you do. I think Crystal, Michael, and Lee will be the three to make it to the end. By the way, I enjoy your book reviews, too.

Jessica said...

I wish I didn't already delete Idol from my DVR because now I want to go back and listen to Siobhan again. But I agree with you, she was the worst of the night. She was all over the place and I was surprised the judges liked it. Casey was the best and I think Aaron will go home. We will miss you next week!

triciathomas said...

I am sad you won't be here next week!!! I thought Siobhan was a mess also! Casey what? (said like Randy) He was great! I think Aaron will go, but who knows!

Joan Morris said...

Great review. I really enjoyed the show and thought they all did well. Siobhan's performance was a little weird with her trotting around the stage and her screaming at the end which was just that. I thought Shania was a great mentor and we love her music. I'm predicting Aaron, Michael, and Siobhan in the bottom 3 with Aaron going home ?

Natalie Sue said...

I found it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gj3ojfOKg

:)

Great reviews! Love your weekly posts!