Saturday, September 5, 2009

Who woke up Murphy?

I mean the one with the law, not the bed. Though, now I think of that ridiculous bed, they probably were the same guy! Anyway, Murphy came to visit our house this week. On Tuesday, I found a huge puddle of water under the dishwasher (that warped the wood floor a bit) and then on Wednesday, the dishwasher wouldn't start. (I have to admit, my first thought was, "Yipee!" I have hated that dishwasher, so am not sad to have to get a new one). Then on Thursday, the oven electrical went bezerk and now it won't turn on. We purchased both 4 1/2 years ago at the same time, and they go out on the same week. I guess Murphy is somewhat counteracted by spiritual powers, though because it is the Labor Day sales! We're headed shopping.

5 comments:

Shonna said...

So sorry to hear that, Mom. That's awful. Hope you find ones that are nice.

Kristen Mackrory said...

Oh stink!! Are you getting a new stove too? Your freezer hasn't gone out has it? I am comforted to know that one does not need a stove nor a dishwasher to make homemade ice cream because I CAN'T WAIT! See you tomorrow! (I'm bringing 2 excellent little dishwashers with me. They will be glad to help and so will I!)

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Crazy! When it rains it pours! Hope you got a good deal!

The Allens said...

I am sorry about your appliance fiascos. Shopping for new appliances is never as fun as almost any other kind of shopping. I LOVE Renee Fleming. And that clip was lovely. But what did she do to her hair? Oh my! --Ali

Joan Morris said...

Did you get your new appliances? Hopefully you'll get some that you like this time :)