Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Prince of a Weekend

We had such a nice weekend. Michelle and Brian came to spend it with us, probably their last visit for a very long time as they are moving to Washington DC in August( (to attend George Washington University) and are having a baby next month, so won't be traveling. We had a fun picnic, went to dinner, watched a dumb movie, went to church and visited. Then we followed them north on Sunday night. Ken had training in Layton on Monday and Tuesday. Michelle and Brian had us over for a fun barbecue and FHE at their house on Monday night. They made us such a nice meal. After dinner, we went on a walk by their home. Ken's grandma lived just a couple of blocks from where Brian and Michelle are living- in the basement apt. of Brian's grandparents. Brian's grandma used to walk to MIA with Ken's mom and remembers her well. SUCH a small world! That was the most fragrant walk I've ever been on. The blossoms and flowers were gorgeous. This was Ken's Aunt Minnie's house. Ken's grandma's home- now gone- was just next door. It was a walk down memory lane for him. After our walk, we enjoyed a yummy treat and the movie of 2008 Brian has made. It was great and brought so many fun memories. What a great year we had! It was fun to accompany Ken. I swam, read, shopped, and early on Tuesday morning went to the Bountiful temple. Wow! It is beautiful. I have a new love in my life: Thomas . . . our GPS. He took me right to the temple. You can't say that about too many guys these days. The flowers and view from up there were amazingly gorgeous. We traveled home, arriving in time for my "Idol Worship" as Ken calls it, and for his Stake Presidency meeting. I hope the meeting was good, because Idol wasn't too good. Thanks for the great extended weekend, Brian and Michelle!!!

5 comments:

Natalie Sue said...

What a fun weekend! I also love the Bountiful Temple. We should have waved to you!

Kristen Mackrory said...

SO fun! I loved all of your pictures! What a great job of documentation you did! How awesome that you were able to go find those places so special to daddy! I didn't know about that connection. I love your pictures of the temple and the flowers. An you look fabulous in the pics as well. Man, I love you!

Michelle said...

Thanks for making it a fabulous weekend! It was so fun to see where Grandma used to live. Now every time I go past that spot (I drive past it on my way to and from work every day) I'll think of her!

You did a fabulous job recording the weekend. I wouldn't have thought to take a pic of the brownies and ice cream; good idea. Those tulips and the view from the temple ARE gorgeous. So fun. I'm really glad that we were able to get together!

Carina said...

What a fun weekend! It sounds like you guys had a really nice visit. I am so excited for Michelle and Brian, as well as you and Ken since you will be grandparents again! Fun times.

Blake said...

Sounds like a great weekend, and meanwhile Kristen, Jared, & fam were here having a fun weekend with us. What a great week for get togethers. I love all those pretty flowers and blossoms and the picture of dad and Mel in front of Aunt Minnie's house.
~Shonna