Wednesday, May 13, 2009

And Then There Were Three

Good show, except for the judges. Good grief! Their childish bickering, “my daddy’s better than your daddy,” wrestling, and fighting were ridiculous and showed lack of respect for the participants- not to mention, the audience. On the other hand, think what those three singers did this week: they traveled and performed for thousands, then came back and had to arrange two songs, and learn one of them, then perform in front of millions. It’s nothing less than amazing. 1st place: Danny. Love his voice. He took a song he didn’t know, and made us enjoy it. That's a performer! It was fun, upbeat, and full of energy. I thought the Saxaphone/voice scatting duet was clever. I loved his “You are So Beautiful” arrangement. His crystal-clear tone and perfect pitch were truly a vocal master class, as Simon said. 2nd place: Kris. He showed us his versatile talent- piano on one, guitar on the other. Again, diction was his problem, though it got better as he went. I thought it was brave to only accompany himself on “Heartless”. He was wonderful. 3rd place: Adam. The shameless, shameless judges didn’t point out that he was flat, underpitch on both songs(despite the fact he had an earpiece giving him the pitch.) The 2nd one was painful with the out of tune back-up singers. The producers/judges obviously want him to win, and have pulled out all the stops. I hope America sees through it. Sheesh!

6 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

YES! Perfect assessment. The whole time Adam was singing Jared and I kept looking at each other and saying "that sounds awful." Even the untrained ear could tell he wasn't on pitch. I hate that they rig it. Let them preform and give them a fair chance. I sincerely hope we see Danny and Kris next week! Kris WAS incredibly brave to be so vulnerable on stage on the second song and I thought he did a great job. I didn't love the song, but I did really like him. And Danny is just good. I loved the scatting thing too! I thought it was so fun! He is an awesome guy and great singer. Here's hoping tonight goes well!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I hope America can see through the judges bias and vote for the two best! I love your assessment and am hoping they give Kara the boot and hire you!

Brian said...

I didn't see much last night. But I really liked U2's "One" until Adam sang it. I couldn't have disagreed with the judges more on that one. Kris was my favorite - but I'm biased towards guitar players.

Kay Hinton said...

Stink Stink Stink! That's all I have to say . . . stink!!!!!!

sara cardon said...

I can't stand how the judges drool over Adam either. What's up with that?? Hopefully there will be some backlash in the finale voting and Kris will win. He's my favorite. It may even inspire me to vote this Tuesday, just to see the look on the judges/Adam's face!!

Joan Morris said...

Yippee for Kris!! I was so happy to learn he made the final. Now I hope all you Danny voters will jump on Kris's band wagon. I too can't wait to see Adam's cheshire cat face when he looses :)