Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spring Vocal Recital

Today was my Spring Vocal Recital for my voice students(two are missing from the picture.) I was so proud of all of them. They each first sang a folk or art song, then a song from musical theater. It is so scary to sing in front of people, especially for the first time in your life, which was the case for a couple of them. I love these girls and love to have them come to my home each week and share their beautiful voices and spirits with me. It is a privilege to be their teacher. I'm teaching a couple of them during the summer, but for most we have a summer break now. A break sounds nice. After this busy week(Keynote performances and concert, preparing for the recital) I'm actually looking forward to getting some cleaning done next week!

6 comments:

Joan Morris said...

I'm sure you are an awesome voice teacher. Your students are lucky to have you. Congrats on a successful recital. I'm looking forward to mine being over with on June 1.

Blake said...

Congrats Mom! I'd bet your students did a fabulous job in their recital. With a cheerleader like ou there's no way they can fail.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Whoa you have a lot of students!! They are lucky to have such a talented teacher!

Blake said...

That's so awesome--go Mom!!! I love singing with you, those are some lucky girls.

Blake said...

How's your tooth doing today? Did you call the dentist yet?
For some reason the last one said Blake posted it, but it was really me, Shonna.

Michelle said...

What cute girls! That is fun that you were able to take a pic to preserve the memory. You are a wonderful teacher; they are LUCKY to have such an understanding, loving, experienced teacher.