Friday, May 15, 2009

Bow Tie Chicken Pasta Salad

This is the recipe that Cynthia Prince- Michelle's mother-in-law made for Michelle's baby shower. I've made it a couple of times since, halving it both times, and it still makes a ton. I've switched some of the ingredients by what I had around (strawberries for grapes, different kinds of nuts, etc) and it's always good. I think it should be called Kitchen Sink Salad because it has everything but in it, and it's delicious. Bow-Tie Chicken Pasta Salad . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Serves20 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Marinate overnight in 2 bottles Brianna Strawberry Vinaigrette: 1 pkg. bow tie pasta, cooked el dante 6 baked chicken breasts, diced Stir or shake occasionally as it marinates. . . . . . . . Add: 1 bunch chopped green onions, a bunch of grapes, cut in half, 1 can water chestnuts (drained), 1 can pineapple tidbits (drained), 1 pkg. craisins, 1/2 pkg. spinach with stems pinched off, nuts (cashews, honey roasted peanuts, whatever you have), 1 can mandarin oranges

4 comments:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I can attest that it is delicious! yum, yum, yum! Hmm. I wish it didn't have to marinate all night. I want some now!

Shonna said...

Looks delicious! I'll have to try it because I've been looking for some yummy summer-time salads.

Michelle said...

It IS delicious. Thanks for posting this Mom, I've been wanting it too. . . :)

Sarah said...

Mmmm. That sounds so good. I had a similar one at a baby shower that was marinated in teryaki sauce.