Friday, February 2, 2024

Red Cliffs Temple Open House


From Ken's journal, January 28, 2024

 Yesterday was the first day of the new Red Cliffs, Utah Temple open house. The day was set aside for those who helped in the temple’s construction (and their family members). I had the privilege to serve as a parking attendant and transportation provider. That means that I welcomed the occupants of each car that entered the east parking lot and that I got to drive people around on a 6-person golf cart. It was a delight to briefly chat with the guests as they arrived, showing them where they could park and thanking them for the role they played in constructing our precious new temple.

The weather was beautiful-the classic sunny winter day in St. George. The temperature started near freezing, but quickly warmed up. It didn’t take long for me to shed my winter coat and just wear my long-sleeved white shirt and tie. What a fun privilege it was to serve in that capacity.

After my shift concluded, since there was no waiting line, I decided to take my first tour of this beautiful edifice. I love the purple/mauve, green, beige & burnt orange hues throughout the temple. It is so gorgeous! My tour served to make me that much more anxious to serve therein as a temple ordinance worker on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.




1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

So happy!!!! I can't believe it is done and you will have TWO temples so close.