Sunday, February 11, 2024

Are You Hungry, Sir?

 After getting off the cruise ship in Los Angeles, we took an Uber to a hotel near the airport where we stayed the night.  We walked to a restaurant to get some lunch.  I was really hungry.  I ordered a French Dip sandwich and fries.  I ate some of the fries and half of the sandwich and felt very full.  I just couldn't eat any more.  So we got a take out box for the other half of sandwich.  I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I didn't want to just leave it.  As we walked back to our hotel, we saw a man digging through a garbage can.  Almost without thinking about it, I asked him, "Sir, are you hungry?"  He gave an unintelligible reply.  I asked him if he would like this sandwich.  He took it, again mumbling something that made no sense.  It all happened so fast.  But after, when I thought about it, I felt that Heavenly Father knew his needs.  He made me feel very full, get the takeout box, and, almost without thinking, offer a sandwich to a hungry man. God is so aware of all of us.

This is a picture from the Internet, but is very similar to the situation we saw.

No comments: