Thursday, February 15, 2024

Back in the Saddle



Our ward choir director got COVID while on cruise over Christmas time.  It took her voice completely.  It caused vocal paralysis.  She can only whisper.  The member of the bishopric over the choir asked me to be the interim Choir director, hoping she will heal.  So I'm back in the saddle again.  I served as choir director for many, many years.   But it has been awhile.  It has been fun to choose music again and to lead again.  Schedules are tight.  Our ward meets at 8:30 am and we have four wards meeting in our building.  About the only time we could make rehearsals work is before our sacrament meeting.  So we are holding choir 8:00am- 8:20 am every Sunday morning.  I sent emails, texts, and posted it on the ward Facebook page.  I was overwhelmed when over 20 people showed up for our first rehearsal.  And they keep coming!  We have such a great, supportive ward.  Our accompanist is my friend and is an amazing pianist. On February 25th we will sing an arrangement of "Onward, Christian Soldiers."  It sounds so good!   It feels so good to be back in the saddle again.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Oh, Kay, I am so excited to hearcthis! Sad for your choir director, but happy for you! Your ward is so lucky to have you lead the choir again!