Wednesday, April 19, 2023

This is the Story of a Happy Marriage

 

This is the Story of a Happy MarriageThis is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Some people are born to write. Ann Patchett is one of them. These essays written by her were previously published in magazines and newspapers. Though I don’t always agree with what she says, I love how she says it. She narrates the book herself and I love her voice. Not just her physical voice, but her voice in her writing. She is a masterful writer.
My favorite essay was the one where she gives practical tips on how to write a book. Since I am writing a book, this was most helpful to me. The tip that has helped me the most is to set aside a certain amount of time every day for writing. Then sit in your computer chair for that amount of time. You don’t have to write, but you have to sit there. It works!
I enjoyed every one of the essays and wish there were more. I feel myself uplifted and determined to do and be better after listening to this book. I declare myself an Ann Patchett fan.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Shonna said...

I've never been an essay reader but you may have just convinced me to try this one.