Saturday, April 29, 2023

Getting to Know My Cousin

 This is my youngest cousin.  His mother is my dad's youngest sibling.  My dad was the oldest in his family and Aunt Nedra - his mom, was the youngest.  She had six children and this is her youngest son.  He is much younger than me.  After college, he and his wife moved to Indiana and have raised their family there.  Because of the distance, they haven't been able to attend many of the family gatherings.

Brice works for a medical supply company that sells artificial joints.  Because the orthopedic surgeon who does the most shoulder replacement surgeries in the state of Utah lives here, Brice came to meet with him.  Knowing that we and  Pam and Roger  live here, he called and we went out to dinner together.  Then Pam and Roger had us to their home for dessert.

It was just delightful to visit with him and get to know him.  

There is something so sweet in knowing he and his wife and family are living our faith and serving the Lord.  It was an instant bond and connection.  Family is everything.  I look forward to getting to know his wife, of whom he spoke so highly, sometime.   I am so grateful he called us and spent time with us.  Thank you, Pam and Roger, for hosting us in your beautiful home.


I completely forgot to take a picture that evening, so stole this one from Facebook. Such a beautiful couple.

1 comment:

Shonna said...

I'm so glad you guys got together!