Wednesday, April 5, 2023

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot

 

The One Hundred Years of Lenni and MargotThe One Hundred Years of Lenni and Margot by Marianne Cronin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

17-year-old Lenni and 83-year-old Margot meet in the hospital and become fast friends. They realize that their years, added together are a perfect 100 years. Lenni is alone and very ill. Her life expectancy is short. Their life stories unfold as they work together on an art project, illustrating their 100 years of life, telling each other their stories.
I loved the premise of the book. But I got lost at times in the stories- probably because I was listening to it. I was moved to tears at times, well, one time. When Margot’s dear husband dies. Other parts were disturbing to me, but, overall, it was a good story. It was well-read in the audio version.


View all my reviews

No comments: