Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Day of Frustration and Blessings

 On Thursday, April 6th, we had an appointment to attend the Cedar City temple at 4:00pm.  We had a very busy morning.  I had an appointment to get my hair cut and then do the grocery shopping.  I didn't take time to eat breakfast- just drinking a probiotic drink.  As I drove home from the grocery store, I had a couple of other errands I wanted to take care of, but I started getting the blurred vision/flashing lights that precede a migraine headache.  I have found that the only way to ward off the pain is to lie down and close my eyes.  So I hurried home, unloaded the groceries, put them away, and found something to eat.  Then I took Ibuprofen and laid down, hoping it would go away. Ken also laid down for a short nap before we needed to leave.  But he could hear water running.  He checked everywhere and discovered we had a leak in our sprinkler system out back.  The yard and patio were flooded and the water was next to our sliding glass door.  A few more minutes and our basement would start to flood.  He turned off the water to the house.  He called the man that usually helps us with such problems, but got no answer.  He texted him, called his wife, and texted and texted again.  No response. It was time to leave for the temple.  I had dressed, but was still not feeling well.  

We discussed what to do.  I didn't want to leave until we had someone scheduled to help us.  I didn't feel good.  Finally, Stan- the lawn guy- called back and said he couldn't get to it that day and gave Ken the names and numbers of three other guys that might could help.  Ken called one and he said there were three people ahead of us, but he would try to get to our home either tonight or tomorrow morning.  So, with faith, we got in the car a good 20 minutes later than we should have.  We drove to Cedar City, changed quickly, and found they were already taking people up for the session.  We hurried upstairs and barely made it in time.  I still felt lousy.

Almost as soon as I sat down in my chair, the pain relieved and the nausea went away.  It was a beautiful session.  When we came out of the temple, there was a message from the man committed to repairing our leak saying that he had just finished and turned our water back on.  Ken called him and he said it was all done and that we could venmo him the money when we got home.

We truly were blessed for powering through and attending the temple that day.  


1 comment:

Shonna said...

That is such a blessing!