Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Grandpa Machine Lives On

  The grandpa machine was started by my Grandpa and continued by my dad, who did it with all of his grandchildren. It is a hit with the grandchildren, and a wonderful tradition!
Grandpa lays on the floor.   The child stands with a foot by each of Grandpa's ear and Grandpa lifts them by the waist and flips them over to land on his lower legs, near his feet.



Sometimes the machine breaks with the child in midair.  There is always a lot of giggling and pleading and begging when the machine breaks.
This is my favorite picture taken this year so far, I think.  I LOVE this picture!





I think Grandpa Gabe would be happy to know that the Grandpa Machine lives on!!

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

That picture definitely captures the joy and excitement of Grandpa machine!!