Saturday, February 23, 2019

Personal Progress: Integrity

I really enjoyed working on the goals in integrity for personal progress.  One of the experiences included reading from the scriptures many references to people in the scriptures who showed integrity.  That was a very meaningful and eye-opening exercise for me. Some of those included were Queen Esther, Paul, Joseph Smith, Joseph of Old, and of course, Jesus Christ.
Another of the experiences I did was read a book called "Covenant Keepers" by our prophet's wife, Wendy Watson Nelson.  Here is the short review I wrote of that book:

I loved this little book by our prophet’s wife. I was especially moved by her teachings and experiences with angels,
“We could also say it this way: As we keep our covenants, we can ask for angels to help us. Literally!”
She goes on to explain how she learned this truth and gives examples. This little book made me grateful for the protection and blessings of my covenants. 

For my value project, I served as an ordinance worker in the St. George temple- a project that took well over the required ten hours.  In fact, one shift was six hours and I served there for over a year.  I especially enjoyed serving as a veil coordinator.  It is a privilege to serve in God's house.

1 comment:

Kristen Mackrory said...

I love reading what you did! That scripture study done wonderful