Wednesday, February 28, 2018

St. George Bird Festival 2018

Ken is involved in the local chapter of the Audubon society.  Every year in January they host a bird festival.  This event brings people from all over to attend and learn more about birds.  This year, Ken was asked to teach the "Introduction to Birding" class.  He borrowed pictures taken by his brother, Don, who photographs birds, and prepared a power point presentation.  
The day before his presentation, we went to the Tonaquint Nature Center (one of the best birding spots in St. George) to see a little Western Screech owl that was roosting there during the day.  It is difficult to see in these pictures as it blends in with the tree.  Can you see it?





The pond there attracts all kinds of water fowl.

Following are a few shots I took during Ken's presentation. These are ones I posted on our family's texting app.  I took a lot more, but they have just vanished from my computer. I have spent way too much time searching for them.  I was glad I posted these few pictures, as they are all we have now.  They are a bit grainy, as they are copies of copies, but at least we have those!



Ken did a great job of Introducing birding to a crowd of people who had a lot of interest and questions.

1 comment:

Joan Morris said...

Awesome! I wish I could hear Ken talk about birds and then go birding with you guys. I couldn't find the screech owl.