Wednesday, February 7, 2018

When Comes the Spring

When Comes the Spring (Canadian West #2)When Comes the Spring by Janette Oke

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The second in the Canadian West series by Janette Oke is When Comes the Spring. It reminded me a lot of the book Mrs. Mike by Benedict Freeman. Similar to the story of Mrs. Mike, Elizabeth marries her Mountie, Wynn and then accompanies him to northern Canada to live in an isolated Indian settlement. It is devoid of other white people, the conveniences of life, and even a school in which to teach. But she loves her husband, her God, and she soon loves the Indian women. I really enjoyed this book. It reminded me of going on a mission: submersing yourself in another culture, learning to love another people and accepting their ways, and helping them in any way you can. Now on to the third in the series!



View all my reviews

No comments: