Monday, February 26, 2018

The Prayer Box

The Prayer Box (Carolina Heirlooms #1)The Prayer Box by Lisa Wingate

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This a beautifully written book-almost poetic. The writing style and characterization were the book’s stellar points. The story was also a really good, and I think realistic, one. As the protagonist, Tandi uncovers and reads the story of Mrs. Poole, her own life slowly changes and improves. She finds her own worth, finds true friends, and most importantly, focuses on her children and their needs. I loved reading and “watching” that evolution and rebirth. The book is must read for any woman struggling to free herself from an abusive relationship. Much as Tandi found help from Mrs. Poole’s words, a struggling woman can find help from Tandi’s. I would love to read other books by this author. Now if you will excuse me, I want to go and eat a beignet.



View all my reviews

No comments: