Wednesday, February 14, 2018

My Favorite Things- Acrylic Cup with Straw

Several years ago, we were visiting BYU campus.  In the bookstore, xfinity company was trying to get new customers and had a wheel you could spin and then win a prize.  Ken spun and won this acrylic cup with an acrylic straw.  I took it over as my own.  I have loved this cup.  I do rinse it often and wash it occasionally, but it is almost always full of water or pop or something.  I haul it with me everywhere I go.  I remind myself of a baby with their security bottle.  It is just perfect, it has a lid and a straw and it makes me happy.  
Well, it has been showing signs of wear.  The lid is cracked and leaks and the rubber washer in the ring will no longer stay in.  I have been so sad, realizing it would soon be unusable.  I told Ken I wanted it's replacement for Christmas.

I felt so lucky to finally find this set of acrylic cups on Amazon.  I now have four!!!!  Oh, happy day!
They aren't quite as big as my beloved xfinity cup, but they are insulated and you can take the straw out and close it, and there are four!!!!!  Now they get washed a lot more often and I am happy.
Acrylic cups with straws- one of my favorite things.  To view more of my favorite things, click here.

PS  I was completely happy with my new cups until I went to Keynotes last week and one of my Keynote friends had a quart-sized one with her with ice water.  Now I'm on a quest to find a bigger one!  Sigh!

No comments: