Monday, October 13, 2014

To Kill a Mockingbird

To Kill a MockingbirdTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Some books color your world while you’re reading them. Some, for a few days or even weeks after. But< To Kill a Mockingbird >leaves color that never leaves. It truly changes how you look at the world. I have a handful of books that I like to read every few years- leaving just enough time between readings to forget the details. Just five minutes ago, I finished this book and, as I’m still wiping away the tears, I am already willing myself to forget so I can read it again. And I will forget the details, but I won’t forget the feeling I have when I read this book. It has changed me- yet again.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pal & Hatty said...

I also love this book! The movie is also beautifully done - and I love it too!

Pam said...

I believe it is my favorite secular book, Kay. I love the integrity of Attacus and the discoveries each character makes as he/she matures.