Saturday, October 4, 2014

Calico Captive

Calico CaptiveCalico Captive by Elizabeth George Speare

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Calico Captive is another superb book by one of my favorite authors: Elizabeth George Speare. She, in my opinion, is the queen of historical fiction. Her novels are set in accurate and important historical settings and her protagonists are always young adults that young adult readers (and everyone else) can relate to. Calico Captive is set in New Hampshire, then Montreal in the French and Indian War. It is based on a true account of a family kidnapped by Indians and sold into slavery after a harrowing march through the wilderness. It is exciting and has enough romance to keep you captivated (no pun intended.) I have read every one of Speare’s novels at least twice. I only wish she had written more!



View all my reviews 

1 comment:

Pal & Hatty said...

This sounds like a book I would really enjoy. My list of books to read is growing!