Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Letters

LettersLetters by Marjorie Pay Hinckley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I so enjoyed reading this compilation of letters written by this unassuming, delightful lady- the wife of a prophet of God- to her family. Her cheery attitude and her recounting of her day to day life and service was truly inspiring to me. These letters made me want to be a better person. I am grateful to her family for sharing them in this book.
There are many wonderful quotes in this book, but I think this is my favorite from a letter written to her daughter, Kathy: “I have a new project, 1 chapter a day from each of the standard works. I have been on it for four days and am only 3 days behind. Better to have tried and failed than never to have tried.”




View all my reviews

2 comments:

Pam said...

I loved this too. She was so real with such a cute sense of humor.

Pal & Hatty said...

This sounds light a delightful book!